Hi guys. I just created a new issue type to specify particular kinds of bugs. I copied the workflow, made minor tweaks, then published it. It was to work exactly the same as the bugs issue type i set up (its fully modified and different to our story set ups), but even though they appear to share all the same settings, on my create issue screen, the new bug type is using the default screen and I cant see where!
- I have a custom new issue screen, which is linked to a custom bug screen scheme
- The custom bug screen scheme has my custom new issue screen associated with the create issue operation
- The custom new issue screen has specific custom fields I created, which currently do not display when creating the new bug type issue. These custom fields are marked as required.
- In the project issue types, I can see the new bug type uses the same issue type screen as the old bug type, PLUS the default issue type scheme is listed there. However, I do not seem to be able to remove the new bug type from the default issue type scheme - when I try to edit it there is no option to remove the new bug type from the list of types associated with the scheme. Apparently I did so once before when I made the old bug type, however.
Any advice anyone can give? Is this a bug? Im very frustrated, I need to roll this new issue type out asap but I cant do so without the required custom fields :/
when you create a new issue type, which you did, you need setup a screen scheme. If you don't you get the default screen scheme. There is NO inheritance from one issue type to another. You said you have a custom screen for the new issue type so why would you think the screens setup for bugs would get you what you need?
Yes I know there is no inheritance - when I set up the new type, I set the scheme to be the same as the current existing bug issue. I have gone through all the customization again and thought I had ensured all the modifications applied to the old is same as the new. Obviously not, somewhere, but if I look at the list of schemes associated with issue types, they have the same custom one assigned. Plus, as I mentioned, the new type also has the default issue type assigned as well, and I do not appear to be able to remove it.
Im really sorry, but Im not sure I understand...
- I already have a Screen Scheme, and it is already assigned to the already existing Issue Type Screen Scheme, which the old issue type is set up to
- I then went through and added in the new issue type to all of these schemes and configs (as far as I can see).
I am not understanding why I need to create yet another identical screen scheme and issue type screen scheme when according to what I see, New Bug is set up in all the places that Old Bug is as well. All our other issue types across the project all share one other setup, they do not have multiple versions of the same thing for each issue type.
Yes - not the default one, a custom one I made a year ago specifically for the old bug issue type. I now want the new one to have the exact same layout, so I have tried to replicate all the same settings. The only thing that should be different is a different workflow, name, and icon.
I shall take some screenshots.
So, after talking with one of our admin, I learned that the scheme used by the project is actually a different one than I thought - it seems theres been tweaks to my setup, to try and streamline it a little. However, when I open the other Issue Type Screen Scheme, it appears to have the same setup.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events