New forum functionalities

Francois M. FASBENDER July 10, 2011

Hello,

I don't understand why there is no a dedicated forum for each application (JIRA, CONFLUENCE, ...) like it was before this new forum?

Today, everything is mixed and it's not easy to treat only JIRA posts.

Or maybe there's a trick or another forum, per products?

Thank you.

François

2 answers

1 vote
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2011

Hi François,

Answers has the concepts of "tags", which correspond to the old individual forums but also allow you to put a question in more than one category if needed. Clicking on a tag or searching for [tag] in the yellow search box will show you only the questions with that tag.

For example, to see only JIRA questions, you can go to https://answers.atlassian.com/tags/jira/ or type [jira] into the search field.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2011

And hopefully one day you will be able to subscribe to tags such that you actually get all the mails from the tag!

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2011

Jamie, you already can unless I misunderstand you. There is a mail preference to get notifications to your favourite tags.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2011

You can, but I only get around ~50% of the mails that I should do for the tags I'm following.

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2011

Also, see this already asked question

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/454/why-was-a-single-answers-atlassian-com-instance-chosen-vs-one-for-each-atlassian-product

Suggest an answer