Need to set a default for emailing ALL updates to jira tickets to all "watchers"

Anindya Ghosh December 12, 2019

This used to be a default setting, set globally in my account. i want it back. i want all updates to jira tickets to be emailed and to be able to respond to the email to update the ticket.

Can someone show me how to set this at the account level as a default.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2019

Hello @Anindya Ghosh

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I believe you would like to send notifications for the watchers of the issues every time the issue got updated. Is that correct?

Indeed, the notification scheme of all projects in Jira Cloud are configured to send notifications to all watchers by default. If this is not the behavior you are facing for some projects, I suggest you check the following:

1 - Navigate to the project > Project Settings > Notifications > Check if the "Watchers" field is set to receive notifications, like in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 17.36.01.png

2 - If this is happening for specific users only, ask them to check if the Atlassian Domains and IP ranges are being blacklisted on their e-mail servers or firewall:

Atlassian cloud IP ranges and domains 

3 - By default, each user profile is configured to don't receive updates for its own changes. To change it, they can click in their profile picture at the bottom-left corner > Settings > under "Notifications of your changes", flag the option "Notify me":

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 17.34.12.png

Let us know if the steps above helped.

Suggest an answer