Need to automate assignees based on states of a JIRA and states based on a new build

Joshua McKee December 20, 2018

I need to automate assignees based on states of a JIRA, I think there is an add on for automation I can use, but I think we may need an upgraded version of JIRA or be using JIRA server.  It seems so simple on this article below, I just need to click an admin dropdown(which I don't see anywhere even though I am an admin of our JIRA instance):

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215460/automation-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=installation

I want to move through:
To Do -> In Progress -> Fixed -> Building -> Review
When an issues moved to fixed it should be assigned to a bot. When a build is triggered it should move to Building, and when complete to Review (with appropriate reference as to which build to verify the change).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Josh McKee

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2018

Hello,

You could use the Update Issue Post function and set the Assignee field for each transition.

Would this need to be a Python or SQL script or is there some way to do this in the UI?  

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2018

You do it in the UI.

Go to project settings -> Workflows. Find your workflow. Edit it. Then find the required transition and add the Update Issue post function.

You can find more info about post functions here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/advanced-workflow-configuration-776636620.html#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-postfunctions

I'll check it out, thankyou

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events