My initiatives are showing up in my portfolio plan under the epic view.

Thuy Van Watts
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 26, 2017

I have the initiative-epic hierarchy set up correctly.  I have initiatives created in a separate project. so my plan has 2 sources: 1) team epics/stories and 2) management initiatives.

all tickets are available in the plan.

when i switch the type filter to initiatives, i see initiatives in both the timeline and listed below the timeline.

when i switch the type filter to epic, i see epics in both the timeline and listed below the timeline.  BUT i also see a few initiatives in the timeline; not all initiatives.  they are not listed below the timeline.

I'm not sure what's wrong here or why this would be the case.  help?

2 answers

2 votes
Cameron Eldridge November 17, 2017

@Thuy Van Watts, your Initiatives will show up on the schedule (timeline) in the *Epic* level of the hierarchy when those Initiatives are *assigned to a release* in the plan and/or have an *estimate* (time or story points) applied to them. Portfolio displays the Initiatives in other levels of the hierarchy because they don't have any child issues (Epics) linked to them -- via the *Parent Link* field, of course.

David Puchosic June 21, 2018

I think we had this occur. The Initiative had an Epic, but not an Epic that was part of the Plan. The Initiative didn't have a Release or Story Pts/Estimate applied.

0 votes
Muhammad Marhoon November 8, 2017

I have a similar issue, but when selecting stories it also shows a few initiatives and epics.

As of yesterday nothing shows on my timeline.

Cameron Eldridge December 15, 2017

@Muhammad Marhoon Please see my response above.

Suggest an answer