My Time tracking field and original estimate should display only in hours

Deepan V.R September 17, 2019

Time Estimate in Hours.PNGIt's bit confusing...if i enter 50hrs..it should show 50 hrs...rather can week and days...I tried in global settings too....but not getting reflected...can u please suggest a solution

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

Go to admin -> configure time tracking, and change the display from "pretty" to "hours".  This is a global change, affecting all estimates, and warn your users first, as they may be confused by it

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

Jira settings > Issues > Time tracking ... click Edit global settings and change your Time display format.

Deepan V.R September 17, 2019

It's fine in the story's grey bubble...But in the original estimate and remaining estimate again it estimates in days...Time in Days.PNG

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2019

Hi @Deepan V.R 

You could try changing the default unit for time tracking as described here.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-time-tracking-818578858.html

Regards

Tom

Suggest an answer