My Reminders: can I set reminders for other people?

Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2015

My Reminders is a useful Cloud add-on that lets you set reminders but can you set reminders for other people?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2015

The answer is "Yes and no".

As our FAQ says:

The intention is that you can only set reminders for yourself. Being able to set reminders for other people opens up the potential for abusing the reminders system.

However, as we also mention in the FAQ, you can set a reminder for yourself to remind somebody else about an issue:

If you want to make sure that somebody else does not forget about an issue then you can set a reminder for yourself that says something like "Remind bob not to forget this issue".

So you can still make sure that you remind other people about issues but you do that by reminding yourself. We think that this is the best compromise for this type of add-on.

0 votes
Dishant Mehta April 8, 2015

Robert Massaioli [Atlassian]

Can we increase the size of message box. Seems like it's very small. 

Atlassian Team
April 9, 2015

This would have been better as it's own question. That said, the message box is only supposed to be for short messages, which is why it is the small size that it is. However, you can use this to expand the size of the message box yourself it that is required: http://imgur.com/71LhP38

Dishant Mehta April 9, 2015

Hi Robert, I was talking about the reminder Message pop-up on JIRA ticket itself when you hover the mouse on reminder.

Atlassian Team
April 10, 2015

@Dishant Mehta in that case I have raised this issue on your behalf, can you please go there and comment more on exactly what you want to accomplish? https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/MR-42 Cheers!

Suggest an answer