Moving issues from one board to another

Viktor Myrvang February 15, 2019

Hi, 

Is it possible to automatically move issues from one board to another by changing status? 
ie when one issue goes from test to done, they automatically move to "to do" on another board. For example by changing issue-type (and status). Can this be done, or am i overcomplicating? 

What i really want is a simple way to move a issue from one board to another tbh... 

1 answer

0 votes
Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2019

Hi @Viktor Myrvang ,

I think you are making it a lil bit complicate! 

And i dont really know if its even possible to move issues from a board to another one.

What you are describing sounds to me more like , status changes!

1. You can create a new status = "Test" in the existing workflow of the project and
  2. connect it with the "to do" status....
  3. After that create a column to the board of the project which is named Test Completed and put in there the "Test" status.
  4. So when you change the status to "to do" it will just move to the next column which holds the "to do" status
  5. jira board.png
     (something like this)

Sound better or more complicate? :P

Best regards 

CM

EDIT: this is the logic in the Jira Server. I hope its the same in Cloud too (see late the tags)

Viktor Myrvang February 15, 2019

I actually think i figured it out :) 

I used automation for jira, and was able to clone issues (and change issue type) when issues moves from one column to another. 
I use issue types to separte the two boards, as they have to different WF, so this actually worked suprisingly well.

But thanks a lot for the help! 

-Viktor

Like Christos Moysiadis likes this
Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2019

Great then. Its just i hate when i see this CLONE notification, it makes me feel like its messing the things around.

Anyway! Good work again ;)

Regards

CM

Like Viktor Myrvang likes this

Suggest an answer