Moving a task on the board

Pier Luigi Salvatori March 7, 2019

I'm not able to move a task on my board from "to do" to "in progress"

2 answers

0 votes
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2019

If not what John suggested, it could also be that you are not in a user role that has the Transition Issues permission.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2019

Yes, forgot to add that one - thanks! Check the Permission Scheme for Transition Issues permission. Thanks, Dharma!

Pier Luigi Salvatori March 9, 2019

My roles on this projects are: Administrator, Project Lead, Scrum Master, Developer and user (see file attached). So this seems ok.Scrum Roles.PNG

Pier Luigi Salvatori March 10, 2019

Workflow.PNG

And the workflow seems to be ok, too (see picture attached).

Pier Luigi Salvatori March 10, 2019

Probably I found the problem (see the picture "Transition". It seems that I don't have a permission to transition items in the workflow. If so how can I have this permission? Can I do it by myself or do I have to ask to Jira administrator?Transition.PNG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2019

Yes, that is what Dharma and I were referring to up above. Yes, you have to be an administrator to change those settings. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2019

From within the issue, take a look at the workflow to see if it is setup properly. Then you will need to check any conditions on the transition from To Do to In Progress.

Suggest an answer