Move story to done when tasks are done

Yvette
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2020

If you set the tasks to done at Jira nextgen, and they (all tasks) are all done, you do not get a notification asking if you want to move the whole story to done.

Would it be possible?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2020

Hi Yvette - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

How are your Tasks connected to your Story? There is no built in relationship with Jira between those two issue types. 

Second, just realize that Next-gen projects are extremely easy to use and get started with. However, they provide very little functionality to customize. Automation for Jira can help accomplish some things but that depends on exactly what you are trying to do. 

Here's a little more information about Automation For Jira:

There are two types of automation:

• Global: In the Free version, you get 100 executions per product, per month
  • Project: In all versions, you get unlimited executions per month

Automation Basics: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation

You'll need to be a Jira Admin/Site Admin, go to Jira Settings > System > Automation Rules (left-hand menu).

For more on using Automation For Jira see these help pages.

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2020

Hi @Yvette ,

You can achieve it with automation under project settings.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 11.21.28.png

Yvette
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2020

Is this the same in Next Gen?

I don't see the "Automation" option unfortunately.

jira.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events