Move JIRA Issues from Server to Cloud

Hello everyone,

I would like to export issues from a project in a JIRA server instance into a project into JIRA cloud. Unfortunately JIRA Cloud does not support a single project import. 

I found a workaround by using the Command Line interface and export issues with the getIssueList action and import them in JIRA cloud with the CSV importer. This way fulfills almost all requirements except of moving comments.

Is there a way to export comments from this issues with the getIssueList action of CLI?

Thanks in advance

Natalie

3 answers

0 votes

Hey Natalie,

Have you already take a look on this article from our documentation? I believe that it might be helpful smile

-- Arthur Gonçalves

Hey Arthur, thanks for your fast reply. But it seems that this article only provide a full restore of all projects and configuration. I only want to import a single project. I found another page https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOUDKB/Project+Import+From+JIRA+Server+to+JIRA+Cloud with the note that project import is not provided in JIRA Cloud

Hi Natalie. A workaround would be create a stage server, import your entirely JIRA cloud to this sever, and then use the Project import tool to migrate the single project you want.

Cheers!
Teilor

Hi Natalie, I find myself needing an answer for the same question you asked. Did you find a way to export comments and then import them in JIRA cloud?

Thanks

Pablo

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

23,040 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you