Missing "knowledge base" menu entry in settings for ServiceDesk 2.5.9

Marek Hobler May 13, 2016

I'm using:

• JIRA  6.4.11
  • Confluence 5.7,
  • Service Desk addon to JIRA 2.5.9

Acording to the documentation when entering the service desk project administration, there should be "knowledge base" menu entry, but it's not present on my system:jira_kb.png

In Confluence "Confluence Administration" -> "Application Links" I have connection to JIRA configured.

What can I do to configure knowledge base? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2016

This actually exists within the "Settings" menu of the Service Desk view on the version you are working with. 

2016-05-13 11_49_16-Helpdesk - Jira.png

Your KB "space" in confluence also needs to have anonymous view access. Hope this helps!

Marek Hobler May 20, 2016

I'm really sorry, but tried multiple times and I cannot reach the page that you posted. I tried "administration->addons->JIRA service desk->configuration" and "administration->projects->Customer Support for XXX" and there was no pages similar to shown above. What am I missing?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2016

If you go to the project header and then admin, you don't get anything like the "customer requests" on the left of that screen?

If you don't then the project is not a "service desk" project type and you'll need to change that.

Marek Hobler August 18, 2016

No, there is nothing like "customer request" - like on provided screenshot. It's Category is "service desk", how can I check project type?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2016

Category is just a way of grouping projects.  To check if it's a SD project, go to the list of projects in the Admin section.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2016

You say you've got an application link from Confluence to JIRA - has this been configured on both ends?  I mean if you look in JIRA's application links, is Confluence listed there and working ok?

Marek Hobler May 20, 2016

Yes, I can see the Confluence in JIRA's application links. How can I check if it's working properly?

Suggest an answer