Missing query bar in most of cases I open Saved Filter. Is there any issue reported to JIRA?

Yuriy Chepelyuk October 11, 2017

hi, I'm experienced with an issue where in most cases MISSING QUERY bar

I wonder if this bug is reported anywhere?

JIRA Server V7.4.3

Please check attached screenshots

3_works_different.png2_works_weird.png1_works_fine.png

2 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2017

Hi Chip,

I took a deeper look into this problem and I think that there is an existing bug that directly relates to this problem.  Although the title is slightly different, it does appear to have the same documented side effects.  Please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-59185

It looks like this can happen when one of more of your shared filters in Jira has been shared with a group, and that group has been subsequently deleted from Jira.  

This can be tricky to troubleshoot because there could be lots of filters in Jira that being affected by this.  In order to try to narrow down which specific filters have this problem, I recommend trying to run the following SQL query on the Jira database:

select sr.filtername, sp.* from sharepermissions sp join searchrequest sr on sp.entityid = sr.id where entitytype = 'SearchRequest' and sharetype = 'group' and param1 not in (select group_name from cwd_group);

This should at least return to us a listing of the filters in Jira that are currently shared with a deleted group.   From there you should then be able to edit those filters in Jira in order to update the shares and remove the deleted group.  That should then prevent this problem.

Regards,
Andy

Yuriy Chepelyuk October 18, 2017

Thanks you, Andrew

Looks like it is the cause... How do we vote for bumping priority up?

I believe it is quite regular case for big companies to inactivate users and groups in JIRA.

It is quite annoying bug for my colleagues. 

Thanks

oh, BTW

Looks like it is also reproducible when user is deactivated (not only group)

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2017

Hi Chip,

Voting on the issue is one way to show added interest in this.  However if this particular problem causes significant pain for your organization, I would recommend leaving a comment on that page to explain why the work-around might be annoying or difficult to use.   I can't guarantee this will change the priority on the issue, but it might help the product management team better understand the pain this issue causes so that they can plan out future fixes.  I would recommend checking out our Atlassian Bug Fix Policy to understand our process a bit more.

In my testing, I was not able to replicate this problem solely with disabled accounts.  The shared filters won't let you directly share with an individual user account.  Instead these are setup to share with either a group or with a project role.  Having a disabled account in either a group/role did not cause this problem to happen for me.  So I am interested to learn if there are other causes for this behavior, but I so far have not been able to reproduce these.

Regards,
Andy

Hi Andy,

You are right. It works fine sharing Favorite filter with deactivated users.

Looks like the reason the bug is reproducible for all of my shared Favorites I'm sharing with Project's Group Users (or everyone under a project) because of our JIRA Admin keeps inactive Groups under JIRA system group "jira-users"

Since every Project I work on includes "jira-users" in it basically every my Favorite filter is broken.

Thank you!

Chip.

0 votes
Alin Ghita October 10, 2018

Hello Atlassian Team,

We recently found this bug when upgrading JIRA Software to 7.12.2 - the advanced search filter bar is missing. We looked into it and found that after the page is loaded the toggleClass function is called with "hidden" parameter and this made the search bar hidden.

this.$(".search-container").toggleClass("hidden",!h);

The workaround we found is to  remove the "hidden" class right after the page is loaded with a setTimeout of 10ms.

setTimeout(function(){ $('.search-container').removeClass("hidden"); }, 10);

Please look into it and let us now if you found any permanent solution to this.

Regards,

Alin

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
October 10, 2018

@Alin Ghita

7.12.2 is known to have a different bug that causes your reported behavior.  Please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-67974 for more details.  I understand that this thread appears similar to your problem, but the root cause of each is very different.

From that bug page:

Workaround

1. Open configuration file server.xml (should be in conf directory)
  2. Find all connectors your application is using
  3. Add ** relaxedPathChars="[]|" relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^\`"<>" to properties for example: 
    <Connector port="8080" relaxedPathChars="[]|" relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^&#x5c;&#x60;&quot;&lt;&gt;" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true" bindOnInit="false"/>
  4. Restart Jira
    See KB for full details: changing server.xml to handle requests with special characters

In your case, you can follow these work-around steps to correct this problem.   This happens because this specific version of Jira updated the bundled version of Tomcat that has different requirements.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events