Migration from Jira Work Management (FREE PLAN) to Jira Software (STANDARD PLAN)

Sara Valoti May 20, 2024

Hi everyone,

In my business I am currently using the free plan JIRA WORK MANAGEMENT. I would like to do the migration in Jira Software. My question is: will my projects, tickets, board settings, reports, etc. change or will I be able to continue working on them?
I am afraid I will no longer find my work on Jira after the migration..

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2024

Hi Sara - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There is not really any migration that takes place. There will just be additional features that become available for you. All of your data and projects will still be there. 

Sara Valoti May 21, 2024

@John Funk thank you for your feedback! 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2024

You are very welcome. 

0 votes
Nikola Perisic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2024

Welcome to the community @Sara Valoti !

Are you using the new or the old navigation in Jira. With the new Jira navigation, both of these products become one product. On the old navigation, these products are still separated, and they are different since one is business and the another one is a software project. You can move the issues from one project to another project with bulk move issues operation.

There shouldn't be any impact during the moving process.

Sara Valoti May 20, 2024

Hi @Nikola Perisic
thank you for your comment, 

sorry how can I understand if I am in the "new or the old navigation in Jira"? 
I started using Jira Work Management just since 2 months ago, then it should be the new navigation. How does it work with the new one then? 

Nikola Perisic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2024

Currently, the navigation is still in the testing phase,but you can still use it. To utilise this,these are the steps:

1. Open the Chrome extension and select Add to Chrome.

2. Select Add extension and pin it to your Chrome browser so you can easily toggle it on/off.

3. After you’ve turned on the extension, open your Jira instance. You should see the navigation on the top and side are different. Also, your frequently used menu items may have moved.

4. If you already have Jira open in your browser window, refresh the page and the new navigation should work for you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events