Migrating from next-gen project to classic project

Gianmarco Viscardi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2018

Dear All,

Is it possible to migrate a next-gen project to classic project?

Thanks a lot,

Gianmarco

3 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2018

No it is not. To the right under Related content you will see that this question has been answered many times now. There are step to move issues from classic to NG involving bulk move. 

Gianmarco Viscardi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2018

Hi Jack, thanks for the answer.

Actually I would need the opposite. In related questions I see migrating from classic to next-gen, but I would need to migrate from next-gen to classic.

Is also this unfeasible?

Like Craig.Reisinger likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2018

LOL i'm so used to the reverse I read incorrectly but yes you can bulk move from any project to another.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Derek Adkins October 23, 2019
Jero Dungog October 28, 2019

@Derek Adkins thank you for posting this.
Were you able to test this new process?
I was having this issue way back in May and I see that this article has only been posted last August.
Would be great if you could confirm that it works.
If not, I'll try to test this one out over the weekend and come back here

Like Derek Adkins likes this
Derek Adkins October 28, 2019

Seemed to work just fine.  

Like Jero Dungog likes this
Jero Dungog November 1, 2019

@Derek Adkins 
thank you for confirming it.
will be adding this link to our KB.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

Hello,

The only option is to bulk move all issues from a next-gen project to a classic project.

You can find more info about bulk move here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-861257342.html

Jamie Leinen November 27, 2018

HI Alexey,

I am familiar with the search and bulk edit feature in the classic on the issues page, but I do not see the tools menu of issues page in the next gen.  I am looking to move all of my stories from a next gen project back to a classic due to the lack of subtasks in the current next gen.  Is there a screen shot of the tools menu in next gen you can send or is what I am requesting not an option?

Kind Regards

kiran jonnalagadda December 27, 2018

yes I am also facing same issue with my Jira instance any help would be much appriciated!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2018

Could you make a screenshot of the page where you can not see something?

Sara Velkovska February 28, 2019

Did you find a way to do it? I'm looking to reverse back to classic because of the same issue with Subtasks and Versions. Thanks

Jamie Leinen February 28, 2019

Hi Sarah

I did.  I don’t recall at the moment how I did it and I’m on my phone at the moment.  Let me look when I get to the office and I will send you a screenshot.  Bulk export is there it’s just different in Next Gen.

jamie

Amy Wilkinson April 30, 2019

We are getting ready to move from Next Gen back to Classic as well.  Jamie Leinen, when you get a chance, would you be able to post a screenshot and/or any tips?  Thank you!

Like Coco S Chaussée likes this
Jero Dungog May 13, 2019

Looking forward for your screenshots and tips also Jamie Leinen.
Currently working out how to migrate my 3 Next Gen projects back to Classic so I could include it in my backup.
Thank you in advance!

Like Coco S Chaussée likes this
Dima Horshkov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 12, 2019

@Jamie LeinenHi Jamie! Could you, please, post screenshot how you succeed in moving issues from Next-Gen to Classic Jira board? Thank you.

Suggest an answer