It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Mention feature does not work in Chrome, IE or Safari, only in Firefox

Hi,

I cannot get the new Mention feature dropdown of users to work on Chrome (17.0.963.79), Safari (5.1.2) or Internet Explorer 9. I can only get this feature to work in Firefox.

Anybody else have this issuse ?

donnib

1 answer

I suspect they have tested it on some of those browsers, so would guess it's some interaction with javascript from another plugin. Have you looked in the console for JS errors? Maybe try on a jira install with no plugins.

@Jamie when you say other plugins what do you mean ? Is it JIRA plugins or browser plugins ?

Which console for JavaScript errors are we talking about ?

F12 console. Jira plugins I was thinking of.

I tried to look at this and i cannot see any errors in the F12 console neither can i find any plugins which should create this issue, actually we don't use any plugins beside Greenhopper.

I have the same problem! No JS errors either! Is see there is a JIRA ticket for this problem: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-26287

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Calling all Jira Cloud users! Give us feedback on our exploration of a new navigation.

Hi everyone! My name’s Matt and I’m a product manager at Atlassian. I work in the navigation & findability space for all our Jira Cloud products. We’ve been working on trying to improve the exp...

1,245 views 20 13
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you