Marking issue as resolved in a custom transition

vrazhanskiy June 1, 2013

I have a custom transition called "Deploy". As the last post function in my transition i have "Fire a Issue Resolved event that can be processed by the listeners. " however once performed the "Resolution" field of the issue is still "unresolved"

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2013

You need to use the update issue field post function.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2013

Events are for telling other bits of the system that something has happened (e.g. "on event X, send email"). They do not change the issue in any way. (Although, you can set up listeners to do things to issues when events happen)

Timothy has the right answer for what you actually need to do - use a post function to change data during the transition.

djordjestefanovic March 14, 2017

Thanks Nic, on pointing on both important things for assigning value to some custom field: 

• WHEN FIELD UPDATE SHOULD BE PERFORMED: Choose proper transition (QA Deploy Complete, QA Testing Passed, etc) for Post function creation, 
  • WHICH FIELD SHOULD BE UPDATED: Fields and their values depends on transition. So, after selecting a proper transition, we should add as much post function as we need fields to be updated. 

Below is example of 2 transitions: 

1. Transition "QA Deploy Complete" will set fields: 
      1. "QA Test Percentage": 0 - We are in the beginning of testing
      2. "QA 'GO' Decision": in progress (for example) - still have no info about 'GO'
    2. Transition "QA Testing Passed" will set fields: 
      1. "QA Test Percentage": 100 - Testing finished
      2. "QA 'GO' Decision": Yes - Testing passed, we can 'GO'

Suggest an answer