Managing Versions does not recognize date

Rumceisz October 3, 2012

Hi All,

I cannot manage the release dates:

In Administration I go to SHow all versions. Then I chose "Release".

The date field is filled with "2012-10-04" (for example - the main issue if the format of the date)
Press "Release"

Then an error occurs since the date is expected in the format "4/oct/2012".

The date should be accepted in the form which is also shown on the screen and which has been pre-filled onto the field.

Can you please help what happened?

Thanks,

Rumi

2 answers

1 vote
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2013

John has given links to exactly the right information needed to solve this problem.

I had the exact same error.

It started after upgrading from JIRA v3.3.x to JIRA v4.4.x. I had not changed configuration in either the "Date/Time Formats" section of "Look and Feel" or the date.picker formats in "Advanced Settings" - but suddenly date format errors were displayed when Releasing a Version in JIRA.

For me, all the configurations matched up in terms of order.... ie, from "Advanced Settings":

jira.date.picker.javascript.format 	%e/%b/%y 
jira.date.picker.java.format		d/MMM/yy

And from "Look and Feel":

Complete Date/Time Format	dd-MMM-yy h:mm a  
Day/Month/Year Format	        dd-MMM-yy  

But note that the separator is different. A hyphen in look and feel and a forward slash in Advanced.

I solved my error by changing the date.picker separators to a hyphen to match the Look & Feel settings (on the logic that users were now familiar with the hyphens). But I could just as easily have gone the other way. The important thing is that things must be consistent.

From your error (2012-10-04 entered but JIRA wants 4/oct/2012) you'll have to make a decision about what separator to use *and* get the format consistent as well.

1 vote
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2012

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events