Managing Versions does not recognize date

Hi All,

I cannot manage the release dates:

In Administration I go to SHow all versions. Then I chose "Release".

The date field is filled with "2012-10-04" (for example - the main issue if the format of the date)
Press "Release"

Then an error occurs since the date is expected in the format "4/oct/2012".

The date should be accepted in the form which is also shown on the screen and which has been pre-filled onto the field.

Can you please help what happened?

Thanks,

Rumi

2 answers

John has given links to exactly the right information needed to solve this problem.

I had the exact same error.

It started after upgrading from JIRA v3.3.x to JIRA v4.4.x. I had not changed configuration in either the "Date/Time Formats" section of "Look and Feel" or the date.picker formats in "Advanced Settings" - but suddenly date format errors were displayed when Releasing a Version in JIRA.

For me, all the configurations matched up in terms of order.... ie, from "Advanced Settings":

jira.date.picker.javascript.format 	%e/%b/%y 
jira.date.picker.java.format		d/MMM/yy

And from "Look and Feel":

Complete Date/Time Format	dd-MMM-yy h:mm a  
Day/Month/Year Format	        dd-MMM-yy  

But note that the separator is different. A hyphen in look and feel and a forward slash in Advanced.

I solved my error by changing the date.picker separators to a hyphen to match the Look & Feel settings (on the logic that users were now familiar with the hyphens). But I could just as easily have gone the other way. The important thing is that things must be consistent.

From your error (2012-10-04 entered but JIRA wants 4/oct/2012) you'll have to make a decision about what separator to use *and* get the format consistent as well.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

135 views 1 17
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you