Making screen fields mandatory

Alojz Cuk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2024

Hello,

I have figured out how to make fields mandatory in issues (using validators), but using screens (transition screens), I can put in what fields I want to use, but I am not sure how to make any of those fields mandatory. Validators do not capture screens from what I can find. Another project has it, but the person who I replaced is gone and I am just learning Jira. Added screenshots for context.

You can see time spent, date started and remaining estimate have the mandatory star next to  it. Can't find anything in validators that make it mandatory

atlassian1.png

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2024

I use both JSU and Scriptrunner. They have 'Field Required' validators that allow you to make fields mandatory on a workflow transition. I'm not aware of any way, out of the box, that Jira allows for making fields mandatory on a workflow transition.

My guess is that there are other plugins (e.g. Jira Miscellaneous Workflow Extensions) that also have this functionality, but the two I listed are ones that I use.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Asmath Basha S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2024

Hi @Alojz Cuk ,

=> First thing If you want to make a mandatory field in the transition screen you need to make a screen and add the fields you want to add in the screen.

=> Then add the Field configuration and Field configuration scheme with the Issue type.

=> In the field configuration you can make the field mandatory then you can achieve this mandatory field.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events