Log Work, using date picker sets year to 0013 not 2013

Chris McGuigan November 26, 2013

When logging work against an issue date defaults properly to current date time in the expected format, e.g. 27/11/2013 13:54

If date picker is used to select different date it changes format to 26/11/13 13:54

Then when I save that, it records it as 26/11/0013 13:54

It then does not show on timesheets when expected.

I notice it in the worklog of individual issues. I have no easy way of listing all time affected by this, the timesheet crashes if I set the year back to "13" or "0013".

I believe I've lost a considerable amount of money in lost time recording because of this bug.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris McGuigan December 1, 2013
It's been logged with Atlassian and they will be fixing it next week.
Basically the date picker doesn't use the configuration settings when returning the date.
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2013
First, I think you want to record this as an issue with OnDemand support. We're a community of end users and this really does look like a support issue. Secondly, I have actually seen this before, with an older version of Jira. The user had the date/time set incorrectly on their client machine and the picker was being misled into making the wrong calculation. I've also seen it happen when the date/time config in the system settings was rubbish. So, could you check the date/time settings in general configuration? And also mention your time zone in your Jira profile, and finally what your computer's clock is actually set to (and what time zone)
Chris McGuigan November 26, 2013

Thanks Nic for the response. I will post it in support if I can find it.

FYI: I'm on a Mac runing PST (Vancouver), Jira settings are Los Angeles, which is PST too. Default language is US. Changed it to UK, in case that's where it's deciding on date format - but that hasn't made any difference.

Jira system settings for date format are all as I expect (dd/MM/yyyy). Date picker is set to ISO8601 which, as you probably know, is the standard date format that dictates century should be part of year.

Suggest an answer