Linking to Epics while not being able to see the Epic

Dan Porter November 14, 2018

Hi guys, my boss has just setup a new instance of Jira... And now he wants to do everything with it. That's fine, Jira is a great tool, but:

He's setup some Epics and wants to use them for planning out strategy and direction, and wants users from across the organisation to be able to link tickets to these epics so the management team can track their progress, but he doesn't want those same users to be able to see the actual epics themselves or the tickets that are linked to them. 

At first the users couldn't see anything including anything in the list of "Epic links" so i set it so that users could "browse the project" that the epics are in and now they appear in the drop down on tickets to be linked to, however the users can now see the epics themselves, including the names of the tickets that are linked to the epics, which apparently is a big no for him.

The users shouldn't be able to see the linked tickets and preferably not be able to see the epic itself, just have the epic appear in the drop down to be able to link their regular ticket  to the epic. Is there anyway to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

I don't know if this will work, but try with Issue Security to hide Epics from users.

Dan Porter November 22, 2018

I'm not sure how to do that. i couldn't find any form of a hide function to assign to the Issue Security. any ideas?

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2018

Suggest an answer