Linking Trusted Applications (Jira & Confluence)

Drew Baldock December 3, 2012

We have installed and setup Jira and Confluences on SSL HTTPS connections which are both working great. When we go to add one to the other as a trust application, it gives errors that the certificate could not be downloaded. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Drew Baldock December 9, 2012

It turns out it has to do with the versions being too old for what is required to link the Applications. All configurations posted by Giulianowere required, but Confluence 3.2.1 and Jira 4.1.1 are not compatible for linking trusted applications.

0 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012
0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012

you gotta make sure that the used ssl certificate is put in both (if you use jiras & confluence built in java version) cacerts file...

query your install DIRs (lets assume defaults)

/opt/atlassian/jira/jre/lib/security/cacerts

/opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/lib/security/cacerts

personally i've set up my own central java version and told jira/confluence where to look for it...so i only need 1 cacerts file ;)

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2012

Hello Drew,

I'm not sure if that's the case, but, when using SSL, both (Jira&Confluence) are used with *https*? If that's the case, please use both as SSL or Disable SSL in both.

Another option, you can try in Confluence Admin > General Configuration and copy the Server Base URL. Try this sem steps in JIRA Trusted Application screen.

If the Server Base URL is exactly what you're trying, please try to use the IP address and the port where Confluence is running (e.g. 'http://confluence.mycompany.com:8080).

But, I think the best workaround for this one is under this KB:

Can't add Confluence or JIRA as Application Link due to The host is unknown. Verify that the URL is correct. Error

Through the KB you have the cause for this, why this happens and the workaround to solve this question, Drew.

You can try to check the OAuth application too. I'm not able to help you with a deep and better workaround regarding the lack of Confluence logs.

Hope it helps you!

All the best,

Giuliano Tenedini

Suggest an answer