Limit "Browse Users" to project level permission, not global

Alex Christensen Community Champion Jan 23, 2015

I know this is an outstanding limitation of JIRA - the question on how to do this in JIRA has already been asked and there's also an open issue for it with Atlassian. Basically, we have multiple customers that need access to the same JIRA instance, but those customers should not be able to see each other's users (i.e. users from Customer A should not be able to see users from Customer B, and vice versa). However, we want customer users to have the ability to search for users within their project (each customer is assigned to a different project), but there's no way to allow users to do this without giving them the "Browse Users" permission, which is a global permission and can't be set on a project level.

Has anyone found any workarounds or add-ons that will enable you to do this? I'm aware of the Zones add-on, but I'm also interested if there might be any other solutions or workarounds out there. Any information or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

3 answers

Desperately need this as well and have not found a workaround after long searches.

Definitely need this functionality!

Yeah,

I still haven't found anything useful.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

24,291 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you