Licensing Requirements

Jon Charlton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 10, 2011

We are currently investigating adoption of your tools.

We have a bespoke requirement around licensing of some tools which I wondered if you can help us with.

Our requirement would be to have 50 JIRA and Confluence Users, 10 of which would have Bonfire, GreenHopper, Fisheye and Crucible. Is it possible to only incur the additional cost of the 4 extra tools for the 10 users that will be using them or are we required to purchase 50 licenses since we will have 50 configured users in JIRA and Confluence?

Also, what are the licensing rules on Confluence if it is used as an externally facing knowledge base? this would mean any number of anonomous users could access the content. Are anonomous users counted as licensed users?

Thanks in advance

Jon

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2011

or are we required to purchase 50 licenses since we will have 50 configured users in JIRA and Confluence

You will need to purchase 50-user licenses for Bonfire and GreenHopper since their licenses must match your JIRA license as they are plugins for JIRA.

The Bonfire license type and user count must match that of the JIRA license it is being used with

The GreenHopper license type and user count must match that of the JIRA license it is being used with

You can use a 10-user FishEye and 10-user Cruicble license if you only havethe need for 10 uysers for each of those tools.

Also, what are the licensing rules on Confluence if it is used as an externally facing knowledge base? this would mean any number of anonomous users could access the content. Are anonomous users counted as licensed users?

Confluence licenses allow for an unlimited number of anonymous users which are not counted as licensed users. Watch this video on Global Permissions to learn more.

Suggest an answer