Lead engineer not able to edit FixVersion

Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2012

I have a lead engineer that is unable to see or edit the FixVersion Field when editing any issue of any type in his project. The only way I can give him permission is to add him to the administrators group which is not how I want to do it.

In the Permission Scheme I have "View Version Control" and "Project Lead" is added to that. This permission scheme is added to the project in question.

I have just reindexed.

JIRA v4.3.4

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2012

Hi David,

"View Version Control" is not the right permission. "View Version Control" means, that you can see the Information coming from an integrated source management system, such as Subversion. You should use the "resolve issue" permission instead.

Best regards

Thomas

Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2012

Genius! That "includes the ability to set a fix version" is just hidden right in there isn't it?!? Thanks a million - that sorted it :)

Suggest an answer