Layout of my newly created Jira is very different from Jira projects I worked with before

Marielle Gomez August 21, 2018

Hi,

I have worked in Jira at a previous employer but this is the first time I created an own Jira project and board. I am used with the "classic" view: 

Image result for jira view

But when I created mine it looks very different:
Skärmavbild 2018-08-21 kl. 14.10.06.png

And as you see this project is in Swedish but I have change my Jira settings to english but it doesnt seem to change the language on each project. Do someone know how to change this? 

Kind Regards

2 answers

0 votes

Thank you so much! 

0 votes
laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2018

Hello Marielle,

First, the first screencap is a scrum board in a Jira Server project, the second one is just the place where all the projects are in Jira Cloud. So you need to go inside the project to see the board or the issues.

Jira Sever and Jira Cloud are becoming very different from each other. If you used to work in Jira Server, the projects in Cloud might not look the same.

From your screencap I see you created a Programmers project, that might not be the same as the one you used to work with. If you want to create a project as similiar as possible at what your are used to, I recomend creating a Scrum project or a Kanban one. Then go Inside de project where you will be able to work with the boards.

Regards

Hi,

Yes I understand that I have to go in to each project, I have now created a scrum board which is more similar to what I am used to whereas I want to have epics and so on.  However, what I really liked before what that I had everything I needed in the header and could have my epics in on the left hand and switch between them. Is this something I not longer can have in the cloud, have atlassian changed the layout or can I switch to what I worked in before? 

Also, do you know how I change the language to english *Everywhere* in my Atlassian account?

And one more question, do you know how I save an "template description" which is always shown to help the people which write issues, stories and epics to know what they should include? 

Thank you!

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2018

Hi Marielle,
Sorry no way to change de UI, there used to be, going into your profile to get the old look, but even if you can I do not recomend it, because, this is the look that is going to stay, and yous users are going to see this. So better to learn it will so can help them. For me the looking glass was the key, learn to get around with that as if it was the header.

To change the language got to Settings -> System -> General Configuration.

You can put a description in the fields (but not the screens) to help people. The problem is you want to put this in the description, which is a System field, not a customfield. This is a little bit more tricky but you can try.
To put help in the description you will have to do it an Field Scheme in your project.
image.pngEdit it, and find the field Description
image.pngHere you can add a description for the field. (not in the text box)

This is a little bit more advanced and will only work in your project if they are sharing the field configuration so I think you should test it first.

Regards!

Suggest an answer