Latest cricket scores in Wallboard

Adam Jacobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

This is a less serious question, but a genuine issue in need of some creative input!

We have a wallboard ready to display on a common-area TV, but I need to include the ongoing cricket scores to keep the peace.

The @CricketAus twitter channel is the kind of information I need to embed, but using the "Search key" I cannot seem to limit the wallboard gadget to only the channel's tweets.

Another option seems to be to use the Confluence page gadget, which can point to a Confluence page containing a regular scrape of the scored, RSS feed or twitter feed. However, in Confluence the twitter gadget only seems to return tweets from that channel from an hour ago.

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Jacobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2013

I've discovered the answer is to create a widget from within Twitter for the particular channel, put this into a {html} macro on a Confluence page, and then use the Confluence Page gadget within JIRA to display it.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2013

You are right, JIRA twitter gadget is not an option for this. But isn't this last house results from the confluence macro good enough. Who is interested in old scores anyway :)

Suggest an answer