Large JIRA Export - Download Failed

Jira Team,

We have a backup .zip file that was created using Backup Manager in JIRA Cloud.

Due to the amount of attachments we have, our Backup File is around 42 GB. Everytime we attempt to download it, the download stops at 30-33 GB and the .zip file is corrupted upon trying to open it.

Is there a limitation on the backup file size or some sort of timeout settings on the Atlassian end? What is your recommendation on exporting our backup data?

Thanks,
Goran

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Goran,

It appears that you also created a support case on this issue as well.  This is the recommended course of action here.  There actually is not much that you could do here as the end user of a Cloud instance to address this problem, short of removing unwanted attachments of course.   The limitations of attachment storage on our Cloud platform is explained in Atlassian Cloud storage policy.

It does appear that this problem was resolved.  If other Cloud users should encounter this same problem in the future, I would strongly recommend opening a support case at https://getsupport.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,861 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot