LDAP Directory setup - Open Directory Mac OS X Server

Setting up the directory integration and receive the following message when a quick test is performed:

[LDAP: error code 34 - invalid DN]; nested exception is javax.naming.InvalidNameException: [LDAP: error code 34 - invalid DN]

The settings I used for the base DN are:

dc=subdomain,dc=domain,dc=org

What am I missing?

3 answers

0 votes
Pedro Cora Atlassian Team Nov 25, 2013

Hi Kevin, check out this knowledge base article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/LDAP+Error+Code+34

Pedro,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately reviewing my log I don't see the same situation regarding an improperly referenced user. I do believe it is my inexperience with this naming convention that is preventing me from setting up this LDAP directory authentication.

"Caused by: javax.naming.InvalidNameException: [LDAP: error code 34 - invalid DN]"

This entry is the only mention of an error code, and it is only specified to be code 34.

Generally speaking, the base DN is simply the beginning location for user and group queries from the LDAP correct?

Kevin, generally, your understanding of base DN is correct. Since the article not able to help you much on it, mind creating a support ticket at support.atlassian.com? If you do, please also include Directory Configuration Summary from JIRA along with one of the user's LDIF from LDAP directory.

Thanks Zulfadli, the ticket has been submitted!

Pedro,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately reviewing my log I don't see the same situation regarding an improperly referenced user. I do believe it is my inexperience with this naming convention that is preventing me from setting up this LDAP directory authentication.

"Caused by: javax.naming.InvalidNameException: [LDAP: error code 34 - invalid DN]"

This entry is the only mention of an error code, and it is only specified to be code 34.

Generally speaking, the base DN is simply the beginning location for user and group queries from the LDAP correct?

I checked my slapd.conf file for the exact reference to the base DN and using that still does not seem to work. Any ideas?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,568 views 15 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you