Kanban board access issue

László Barta May 20, 2019

Dear Support Team!

Recently the drag&drop function stopped working. I can do transaction manually on the issue view page, but not on the Kanban board.

I have tried to restart, reindex, run the inetgrity check, etc., but didn't help.

What else can I try.

Thanks a lot!

Laszlo

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2019

Hi @László Barta 

Do any of your Kanban board's columns have more than one status mapped to them?  I am wondering if John is onto something and there is still a transition problem.

Best regards,

Bill

László Barta May 21, 2019

Hi Bill,

No, only one status is mapped to each column.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2019

Thanks, @László Barta 

I agree with John that you could next submit a support ticket to Atlassian.

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

Hi László,

You probably want to start by looking at the columns in you Board Settings to make sure all of the statuses are mapped properly the columns. 

Hi John,

If that were the problem, then the issue would not appear on the right column after I have checked the status manually. Or am I wrong?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

That's true. I would probably then check the transition in the Workflow from the current status to the status you want to move it to. See if there are any conditions keeping it from showing up or moving. 

I did, but there is no condition at all.

And! If there were, then I could not move the issues manually, either.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2019

Might try it in a different browser and see if that helps. 

I have tried that also. The same result

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2019

Wow, I am out of ideas then. You probably want to open a support ticket with Atlassian. :-(

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2019

Any way you can do a screenshot of your board settings showing your columns?

László Barta May 22, 2019

Hi,

Here a screenshot of the configuration page.

Capture.JPG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2019

Great - thanks of sending that!

Are there just certain columns you are having trouble dragging between? Or is it every column. 

And can you do one more screenshot - this time for the workflow? 

László Barta May 22, 2019

Sure, Here you are.

It is very simple, and there are no conditions or validators added.

Capture.JPG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2019

Hi László - very sorry, but don't know what you tell you. Thought it might be something with trying to move from To Verify to Done since both are Done type statusCategory. 

Looks like you need to submit a support ticket with Atlassian.  :-(

Would be very interested in what the solution ends up being!

László Barta May 23, 2019

I would have already done it, if Atlassian had still support the Starter license. But they don't anymore. :(

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2019

That stinks. 

So do you get any error at all? Or is there just no column available to move it when you try to drag it? 

But you see the transition and can change statuses on the card itself? 

Does it happen for all statuses? Or just trying to move to certain statuses?

Hi John,

No there is no error message, not even in the log files.

If I drag one issue and move it to another column and drop it, it just moves back to the original place. It happens with every issue, and it does not matter what is the original status or target column.

The same from every users, and we tried several browsers. :(

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2019

Hi @László Barta 

Have you tried clearing the browser cached and saved content to see if that helps?  I have seen a few community posts indicating that helped due to some saved/broken content for the board.

Best regards,

Bill

László Barta May 27, 2019

Clearing the cache does not help either,

But I could figure out, that the problem only exists if the Capture for Jira plugin is enabled. I'm running Jira 8.1.0 and the related Capture for Jira plugin's version is 2.10.1.210100056, which is the latest.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2019

You should open a support ticket with the Capture for Jira 3rd party vendor then. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer