Jql to pull open test issue type while story is in (test or done status)

Anurag Mukharya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 8, 2024

Hi All, 

I am trying to write a Jql in which my story is either in test status or done status while the underlying issue type = test which implements this story are still not marked to Done

Using this query but it is pulling all the tasks, queries as well

Delivery sub-team in (a, b, c) and issue type = story and status in ( done, test) and issuefunction in linkedissuesof ("status in ('in progress', 'to do')", "implements") and and issuefunction in linkedissuesof ("issue type not in (query, task)", "implements")

I only need test issues( open) which are linked to a story (test or done) 

1 answer

0 votes
christy hernandez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 8, 2024

Hello ny state of health@Anurag Mukharya

To create a JQL query that pulls open test issues linked to a story that is in either the test or done status, you can try the following query.

issueType = Test AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("status in (Test, Done)", "implements") AND status not in (Done)

This query looks for issues of type ‘Test’ that are linked to stories with the ‘implements’ link type, where the stories are in either ‘Test’ or ‘Done’ status, and the test issues themselves are not in ‘Done’ status.

Please note that the issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf is part of the ScriptRunner extension for Jira, which is a paid add-on. If you don’t have ScriptRunner, you might not be able to use this function directly. In that case, you may need to look for alternative methods or plugins that offer similar functionality.

Best Regards,
ny state of health

Anurag Mukharya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 8, 2024

This query gives me result of test issue type which are not done. But I have an issue type = story and zephyr test cases linked to these stories.

Now stories are moved to statuses - test and done

But zephyr test issue type are still open

I want to find all such stories which are in done or test  but underlying zephyr test cases are still open

Suggest an answer