Jira8 behind Apache proxy - gadget.common.error.500

Alexandr Kirilov April 30, 2019

I've got the same issue but I am using Jira behind Apache24 proxy.

I've tested everything mentioned in this post and manuals but still getting troubles.

My configuration is:

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 16.15.40.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-30 at 16.18.19.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-30 at 16.21.29.png

Is there something special that I've got missed?

4 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Alexandr Kirilov May 2, 2019

Will I get any solution or my question goes to infinity (like always when I am trying to rich the Atlassian support) after senseless standard questions?

Sarah A
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2019

Hi Alexandr, 

I'm sorry for the trouble you're having!  I know it might seem like Atlassian support is falling down on the job and not responding to you, but in reality we are very willing to help and give you a dedicated support engineer by opening a Support Request with us.  

The Atlassian Community is a place for our users share questions and answers, and Atlassian engineers will many times comment on these Community threads, but we don't track these threads.  They also don't have a response timer or reminder on them, so we don't work them in the same way that we would work on a Support Request. 

I'm sorry if that's been a source of frustration for you!  If you have an urgent need like this in the future, just head to support.atlassian.com and raise a ticket with us.  And, if you do go the Support Request route and get an answer, the Atlassian Community probably has a lot of other users like you who would love to hear the answer!  

Thanks so much, 

Sarah Amann

Atlassian | Jira Server Support

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2019

Hello @Alexandr Kirilov ,

To follow up with @Sarah A, we've created a support request on your behalf to have this issue looked into further. You may find your request at GHS-154680.

If you run into any further issues, please reach out and let us know.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian | Senior Support Engineer, Community

Alexandr Kirilov June 13, 2019

Do you really think that after few months of ignoring this issue at this time and after another ignorance of other issues before more than half of the year I will spend my time again for solving TROUBLES WITH YOUR PAYED APPLICATION? Really??? I am NOT YOUR BETA TESTER! Your 8 version made me crazy by killing Jira instance and 2 weeks of solving problem within total ignorance from your side. Your F-wording 8 version has a lot of bugs, and all of them untested!!! Your service reply - ****, that has no any relations to reality only standard questions and disappearance. Your documentation is outdated - every piece of mentioned Apache 2.2, but in every port and repository using 2.4. I will not spending my time again. For me works only downgrade to 7.13 and this version still has this troubles too (but not other troubles with MySQL, global settings and installation) on MacOS with Apache 2.4 on OpenJDK. If there are troubles with availability of MacOS - use Freebsd instance instead, every port similar. And build it from source and you will reproduce it.
I will not do anything. I have my own issues that I need to solve instead of solving troubles with your application. I am paying fo application not you paying me.

Alexandr Kirilov June 13, 2019

You have everything you need:

• Description of environment: MacOS, MySQL, Apache 2.4, Open JDK, 1.8.212
  • Description of trouble and version of your application and screenshot

If you think that I will install it again and test it instead of your testers - you wrong! If you don't able to organise test environment that will allow you to test properly before releasing - it's not my problem and I shouldn't spend my time for it.

BTW - if your testers think that testing on Linux with Apache 2.2 will solve the problem - you wrong again (This point based on question from your service managers).

0 votes

For now I am using default that I've uncommented from pure server.xml just after reinstall. The previous image not valid already. This is my current file:

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 00.10.35.png

Should I use from your message or from default server.xml?

It's from apache config

<VirtualHost 172.16.20.104:80>
ServerName atlassian.jail.kav
Redirect Permanent / https://atlassian.jail.kav:60006
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 172.16.20.104:60006>

ServerName atlassian.jail.kav

SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile "/custom/jira/ssl/server.crt"
SSLCertificateKeyFile "/custom/jira/ssl/server.key"

<Proxy *>
Require all granted
</Proxy>

<LocationMatch "^(/rest)/[^/]+">
AuthType None
Require all granted
</LocationMatch>

<LocationMatch "/">
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</LocationMatch>

ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/

</VirtualHost>

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
April 30, 2019

Based on this connector, Jira's base URL should be configured as:

https://atlassian.jail.kav:60006

Can you double-check Jira's base URL setting now in the Administration section to see if it matches there?

This is the first that I've started to check 15 hours ago. At time of my first attempt to install Jira 8.1 This version of server been installing behind Apache SSL from begin but not setup SSL after installation.

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 00.20.09.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 00.20.24.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 00.21.02.png

Be honest this version is surprising me VERY MUCH. It's the 4th trouble that I am getting. Next one is this:

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 00.30.05.png

I don't know where it should be published. You might to move it anywhere ...

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
April 30, 2019

Hi Alexandr,

It looks like there may be extra parameters in your server.xml connector that are unnecessary. In addition, I think some parameters like secure in your example are not set to what you want them to be. Here's a cleaned up connector for you based on your screenshot:

<Connector
port="8080"
relaxedPathChars="[]|"
relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^\`&quot;&lt;&gt;"
maxThreads="150"
minSpareThreads="25"
connectionTimeout="20000"
enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
protocol="HTTP/1.1"
useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100"
disableUploadTimeout="true"
bindOnInit="false"
secure="true"
scheme="https"
proxyName="atlassian.UPDATE"
proxyPort="60006"
/>

Make sure you update the proxyName parameter to whatever your domain name is for Jira. As a reminder, changes to server.xml require restarting Jira before they take effect.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes

After total reinstall have this:

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 23.58.30.png

Right now trying to solve it. After total reinstall Jira 8.1 without any imported data from previous projects. Followed link that is mentioned in error description - in result nothing even after including Shibboleth

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 23.39.57.png

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question