• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Jira-users and LDAP Directory with local groups gives permission denied error when trying to add LDAP Group to jira-users as nested

Jira-users and LDAP Directory with local groups gives permission denied error when trying to add LDAP Group to jira-users as nested

Marko Hilbert
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2011

Hi,

we have a problem that is preventing us to migrate from jira 4.1.2 to 4.3.4. In the old version we had our own LDAP Sync for users and groups. Now we are trying to use the internal directorys to accomplish the sync.

In our LDAP we have a group lets say "ALL USERS". Now to not have to change all Permission, Notification and or Project Roles from jira-users to "ALL USERS" we wanted to used nested groups.

jira-users -> ALL USERS.

When we try to configure that scenario we get an error : "

Errors

• You do not have permission to perform this operation."

Why ? And how can we fix this, because changing all Schemes while migrating is not an option. Using the "Auto add to Group" doesn t work either cause all users have to at least login once to be in jira-users. So new User that get Syncd doesnt get into jira-users.

Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jörg Henne August 15, 2011

This is, as I have learned in the meantime, a known bug:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-24671
0 votes
Sheppe Pharis August 15, 2011

Have you checked the Use Nested Groups option in the Connector configuration?

0 votes
Jörg Henne August 1, 2011

Unfortunately I don't have an answer. However, I am running into this very problem myself and was wondering whether you found an a solution in the meantime.

Suggest an answer