Jira user attributes migration

Hello,

I want to ask your advice - my company's Jira is v6.1.4 and we have always been using Jira Internal Directory as a user storage. Now, there's a strong neccessity to integrate Jira with LDAP, to have single login/password with our Active Directory, but the problem is, that we also need to migrate all those resolved/assigned issues, issue comments, shared dashbords/issues etc from Jira integrated directory users to LDAP users. And as we have tons of those user attributes stored on our integrated users, I would be happy to hear your helpful opinions and thoughts on this migration issue!

1 answer

0 vote

Assuming you will be maintaining the same usernames in Active Directory, that you already have in JIRA then you have very little problems actually :). You may simply integrate JIRA to delegate authentication on AD, and when users are logged in via your LDAP directory they would still maintain ownership of their issues and roles in JIRA. You may refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+to+an+Internal+Directory+with+LDAP+Authentication.

Where things get tricky is when usernames will be different on the new LDAP directory. In this case you may need to manually rename JIRA users to match the usernames in AD.

Hello,

We have the second variant, not the easiest :)

We use different user names for AD and Jira.

How could we rename usernames in Jira? It looks like there is no such opportunity in user's prorepties.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

151 views 1 17
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you