Jira time tracking at workflow transition not editable

James Jefferson October 28, 2024

Hi,

I have set up Jira so that in my Jira software (company managed) project in my Jira Cloud, I can request users to fill in the native Jira time spent field when attempting specific transitions. I have set up a transition screen to display logged work fields and comments when users go through these transitions. 

The issue I am facing is that if I transition from In progress to Testing by dragging an issue across columns in the Kanban board, the transition screen pops up and I can fill in time tracking fields and comments, and submit this successfully and complete the transition. However, if I have the issue view open and then transition manually via the status drop down, the transition screen pops up but now I cannot edit any of the time tracking or comments fields in the transition screen.

I have checked the permissions scheme, screen schemes/configurations, workflows and cannot see any reason for this behaviour. 

If you have experienced this or can give me pointers on how to solve this please let me know.

Thank you

James

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders