Jira server User Properties - Service Desk vs Rest API -V2-8.2.5

André Graça November 2, 2020

Greetings

My problem is as follows:

I'm having problems synchronizing the user properties.

When i create a user in the GUI of Jira Service Desk from rest api i can not get the information about this properties.

I will explain the following process:

1. Created a user in the Jira Service Desk

Untitled.png

2. I added a property to the user

Untitled1.png 

3. And i attempted to do a get request to the user property but i didn't return the key that i previously added.

Untitled3.png

4. I also attempted to add a property using the REST API.

Untitled4.png

5. When i redo the get request i get the key that i inserted but it does not update in the service desk.

Untitled5.png

Anyone knows why this happens?

Addicional info:

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.2.5/#api/2/user/properties-getPropertiesKeys

1 answer

1 vote
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2020

André, can you tell me what user properties you are referring to on the customer portal? I'm not familiar with properties on the customer portal.

André Graça November 3, 2020

Greetings 

I access the user properties by selecting a user in the user management > Actions > Edit Properties.

Untitled.png

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2020

André,

I've come across this issue before. It's super confusing, but basically the user properties end point does not return the user properties from the user profile. Check out this bug for more information.

It looks like there isn't a way through the Rest API to set the GUI properties. There's some discussion about using Scriptrunner to set the properties through on the UI.

André Graça December 10, 2020

Thx for the replay it helped.

Suggest an answer