Jira project import very slow on step "Mapping and validating import data"

Imre Austa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 18, 2019

Hi!

We are trying to import one project from another instance with about 1M issues. The third step "Mapping and validating import data" takes unreasonably much time.

Specifically:
Extracting Project Data. Processing AO_C16815_ALERT_AO: Entity 8508552 of 63599285

I didn´t even notice when entity number went to 8500000 but after that we are 3 hours in and its still showing completion rate of 6%. Is this normal for a backup from big Jira instance? Shouldn't the import concentrate on one project only regardless of the dump file size?

I looked at processor usage and the process is using 100% of one cpu and the other 11 are essentially idle. Seems like a waste of resources.

Can anybody suggest possibilities to make project import faster?

Best regards,
Imre

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Imre Austa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 9, 2019

We solved this issue. This table is used by the Atlassian Diagnostics integration plugin and can become very big on larger instances. For import purposes we just deleted that table and project import was successful but for more permanent results there are options how to keep the table size under control. Several options are pointed out here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-69138

Recommended solution in the long run however is to deal with the issues that produce large number of alerts upon which the daily analytics summary is generated. 

Best regards,
Imre

0 votes
Ward Schwillens_ Schwillie October 8, 2019

I have the same issue. The import of a single project with less than 400 issues takes hours and hours. It seems to get very slow at the step "Processing AO_C16815_ALERT_AO".

Afbeelding 8.pngHow can this be resolved?

Suggest an answer