Jira page is loading for 55 seconds

Jiri July 10, 2021

Our Jira pages are loading for about 40 - 60 seconds.

I noticed that the file responsible is batch.js 5MB file.

Is this issue related to Jira Server or is this networking issue? I have fast download, but it might be some bottleneck on the source network.

Is there any way to identify if this is Jira or network related?

Any advise how to fix this issue if its Jira related?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Avi Shwartz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 28, 2021

Try using the Jira Instant Preview Chrome extension, it shows the basic info of the ticket (issue) while the page is loading.

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2021

@Jiri 

A good place to start troubleshooting is https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/troubleshoot-long-page-load-times-in-jira-server-959307746.html and is https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/troubleshoot-performance-issues-in-jira-server-336169888.html

The batch.js can grow depending on 3rd party apps etc. so you might want to check for apps that might not be needed anymore and can be deactivated.

Is it a specific action that has these slow loading times or is it in general

Cheers

Kurt

Jiri July 11, 2021

Is there any way to find out from logs which app can cause slowdown? I am not sure what to look at in logs.

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2021

Hi Jiri

typically i would start looking into the developer tools within chrome to see if i can identify a request that takes quite long and then investigate further.

Cheers

Kurt

Suggest an answer