Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira notifications in Microsoft Teams Edited

Hi All

I would like to know if is it possible to get Jira notifications (issue created, updated, etc) within a Microsoft Teams chat channel and how to setup this. I'm using the Atlassian Microsoft Teams for Jira which lets me integrate my Jira instance with my Teams tenant.

Thanks

Javier

------

Edited

I've now realized that I was looking to get a Jira Feed to gather Jira updates within a groupal chat conversation. You can setup a Jira Feed within a team, but that's not my goal.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vero Rivas Community Leader May 27, 2021

Hi Vero

I can see there is a use case called Jira Feed, which is what I need, but not whitin the team structure. I've now realized that what I need is to get that same feed but within a chat conversation!

I don't see any option to do that, but thanks anyway.

Javier

Like Vero Rivas likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Javier Garay  Welcome to Atlassian Community!

For getting notification in a team Channel, you need to click on Connector >> Search JIRA Connector >> Copy webhook URL. and Paste that URLin JIRA webhooks. Insert JQL >> Select Issue Update, Issue Create event .  For the project which you select in JQL , for that project Issue Notfication starts coming in that channel.

Thanks

Hi Vikrant

Yes... this is what I was looking to do (a Jira Feed), but within a groupal chat conversation... I've just realized that now.

This way does works anyways.

Thanks
Javier

Like # people like this

Hi @Javier Garay Great 😊 Glad to hear it works for you. Let us for any further query.

Thanks

0 votes
Jack Community Leader May 27, 2021

Yes absolutely. There are a lot of really good resources out there to demonstrate this here is one video I found with a quick search but there are others. It really is a rather simple matter of adding the app within Teams and then setting up the connection within Jira  to send the notifications based on specific actions taken on your issues.

https://youtu.be/Zt0Svnj5HdA 

Hi Jack

This video shows the connection process, which I have already done, but thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you