Jira notifications in Microsoft Teams

Javier Garay May 27, 2021

Hi All

I would like to know if is it possible to get Jira notifications (issue created, updated, etc) within a Microsoft Teams chat channel and how to setup this. I'm using the Atlassian Microsoft Teams for Jira which lets me integrate my Jira instance with my Teams tenant.

Thanks

Javier

------

Edited

I've now realized that I was looking to get a Jira Feed to gather Jira updates within a groupal chat conversation. You can setup a Jira Feed within a team, but that's not my goal.

4 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

Hi Vero

I can see there is a use case called Jira Feed, which is what I need, but not whitin the team structure. I've now realized that what I need is to get that same feed but within a chat conversation!

I don't see any option to do that, but thanks anyway.

Javier

Like # people like this
2 votes
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Hi @Javier Garay  Welcome to Atlassian Community!

For getting notification in a team Channel, you need to click on Connector >> Search JIRA Connector >> Copy webhook URL. and Paste that URLin JIRA webhooks. Insert JQL >> Select Issue Update, Issue Create event .  For the project which you select in JQL , for that project Issue Notfication starts coming in that channel.

Thanks

Hi Vikrant

Yes... this is what I was looking to do (a Jira Feed), but within a groupal chat conversation... I've just realized that now.

This way does works anyways.

Thanks
Javier

Like # people like this
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Hi @Javier Garay Great 😊 Glad to hear it works for you. Let us for any further query.

Thanks

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2022

Thanks for this post and responses. I wonder if the Micrsoft Teams for Jira integration allows for what I am looking for.

I.e. I would like all notifications for users for issues for a specific filter or even specific project to go to a specific Channel. And to add to that, without setting up a webhook on Jira. Reason being lots of projects are set up and we, within IT would like to control and limit the number of webhooks set up. 

Please advise? Thank you

Nicolas Gondard February 3, 2023

Maybe too late in the day : as a clumsy workaround, I suggest to use Microsoft's Power Automate.

Provided you have a Microsoft mail, you can receive Jira's notifications by mail. Then a Power Automate flow will monitor these mails, filter their content and actually send them to Teams.

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this
0 votes
Evgeny Kracko October 19, 2023

@Javier Garay and @Vikrant Yadav Hi Javier and Yadav

I would like to create bot which tag @certain person in comments to new Issue from Jira - how its possible?

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 22, 2023

@Evgeny Kracko  Are you trying to add a comment via MS Team ? 

Evgeny Kracko November 13, 2023
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2021

Yes absolutely. There are a lot of really good resources out there to demonstrate this here is one video I found with a quick search but there are others. It really is a rather simple matter of adding the app within Teams and then setting up the connection within Jira  to send the notifications based on specific actions taken on your issues.

https://youtu.be/Zt0Svnj5HdA 

Hi Jack

This video shows the connection process, which I have already done, but thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events