Jira not mention Anyone, only mention user in project.

Hi,

I set Browse User in Global Permission to a group in project, and these users in this group can use the mention's autocomplete function (@username), but the autocomplete only list menbers of this project, not ALL JIRA USER. event if I enter direct [~username] and submit Comment/Description these mentionned user not received alert email.

In project permission I have set Assignable User to Anyone. I can assign issue to anyone, and they received email each time I assign issue to them, why I cannot mention Anyone.

Thanks in Advanced

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

I think if the user in question has no browse project permission, there is no point in notifying them as they won't be able to see the mentioned issue.

Have you tried to give them the browse project permission?

Thanks u! it's browse project permission.

Hi,

I've been trying to achieve this "the autocomplete only list members of this project, not ALL JIRA USERS" but never managed to. I am very interested in how you did that. 

For me, it's always ALL USERS or NO USERS. 

Can you please explain me what your settings are? 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

22,444 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you