Jira not mention Anyone, only mention user in project.

ThanhLT thanh_ly21@yahoo.com July 17, 2012

Hi,

I set Browse User in Global Permission to a group in project, and these users in this group can use the mention's autocomplete function (@username), but the autocomplete only list menbers of this project, not ALL JIRA USER. event if I enter direct [~username] and submit Comment/Description these mentionned user not received alert email.

In project permission I have set Assignable User to Anyone. I can assign issue to anyone, and they received email each time I assign issue to them, why I cannot mention Anyone.

Thanks in Advanced

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2012

I think if the user in question has no browse project permission, there is no point in notifying them as they won't be able to see the mentioned issue.

Have you tried to give them the browse project permission?

ThanhLT thanh_ly21@yahoo.com July 17, 2012

Thanks u! it's browse project permission.

3 votes
Gabriel Radic September 17, 2018

Hi,

I've been trying to achieve this "the autocomplete only list members of this project, not ALL JIRA USERS" but never managed to. I am very interested in how you did that. 

For me, it's always ALL USERS or NO USERS. 

Can you please explain me what your settings are? 

jannachang August 29, 2019

I am interested in how to achieve it "autocomplete only list members of this project, not ALL JIRA USERS" 

Did you get it resolved ?  Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events