Jira is not respecting the Manage Sprints permission

Huuuze December 5, 2018

I have a Scrum board configured to point to a single a project using the associated filter. The filter does not contain anything other than "project = ABC".

The "ABC" project has a permission scheme and I have added a user ("KenM") to the "Manage Sprints" permission. I've also added him to the "Administrators" role on the project; the project Administrators role is also part of the "Manage Sprints" .

Unfortunately, "KenM" cannot complete the sprint. He sees the button, but it says he needs to be included in the "Manage Sprints" permission.

Does anyone know of a query I can run against the Jira database (v7.8.0) to figure out what's going on? I'm at a complete loss at this point. FWIW, anyone in the Jira administrators group can complete sprints.

1 answer

0 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2018

Sometimes an issue in another project is using the same sprint. That happens if you moved the issue. Check for that with

sprint = nnnn and project != ABC

Suggest an answer