Jira email notification - not receiving

Hi,

If people are added to the 'watchers list' but are not part of any role in the project, will they receive an email when a ticket is updated (notification scheme is set to notify watchers when editing a ticket)?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Yes, but they must be able to see the issue.  i.e. you have the project open to anonymous read, or they are in a group or role that grants them browse on it.

Normally if the user is not within a project role if you're solely using project roles for managing perms the you shouldn't be able to pick a user that that isn't part of that project... you might see these users on a drop down list but it should give you an error when you try to add them "user does not have permission to view this issue".

Though if you have given them browse permission.. they will receive updates. .

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

597 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you