Jira does not enable exporting a filter/search which returns more than 5000 results

Eitan Gur September 12, 2018

We were using jira 7.2.7 and upgraded to Jira 7.11.2

In previous version we could export filters to xls also with higher then 5000 results despite the following configuration;

jira.search.stable.max.results5000
jira.search.views.default.max5000
jira.search.views.max.limit5000

Once upgraded to Jira 7.11.2 we are getting "403 - Forbidden" when trying export to excel with current fields.

Any hint? Other settings envolved.

1 answer

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2018

Main question are you having only problem with 5000 rows (or more) or any export is ending with the same error (below 5000)..

For me it does not look like a product issue. 403 - Forbidden is related to some permissions problems .. Maybe you do not have permission to get the file that in temporary created on the server?

Eitan Gur September 13, 2018

Thank you for your reply.

Any export of file which has more than 5000 results will end with 403 code.

Confirmed that this behavior doesn't relate to permissions - I have admin permissions - As far as I know it should provide all permissions (?)

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2018

I was having in mind server permission (user that is having access to files on the server). Not sure if you use Windows/Linux but you should check if after upgrade that did not change.

Eitan Gur September 17, 2018

Thanks. Yes resulting your suggestion I've checked this issue and permissions are the same as in our former version of jira server.

Suggest an answer