Jira comments not sent to Zendesk ticket from Resolved screens

Edie Hovermale July 5, 2013

Jira comments not sent to Zendesk ticket from Resolved screens until an independant comment is created.

To reproduce:

1) Create a Zendesk ticket and generate a Jira Issue

2) Move the ticket in the workflow and make a comment (Note that the workflow must have a screen associated with it for instance we have configured a screen when the issue is resolved which let's the user update the resolution and comment on the issue change).

3) Notice that the Status change is reflected nicely in Zendesk. However the comment did not get sent to Zendesk.

4) Now go to the Jira Issue and make a comment from the issue screen.

5) Now not only did the recent comment come through but the 'Resolved' comment also comes through.

I think this may be a bug in Jira. If anyone knows how to fix this through some configuration please let me know otherwise I will log a Jira Bug.

2 answers

0 votes
Tim Meade October 10, 2013

+1

My development team has reported the exact same issue at my company and i have verified that this is happening. i submitted a question on Zendesk's support site as well to see if they have any information

0 votes
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

Hey Edie,

I would suggest raising an issue with Zendesk, as this may not be JIRA related, but a bug on the plugin. Raising a ticket with Zendesk will essentially aloow them to look into this issue and suggest a fix for this.

Suggest an answer