Jira chart priority colors aren't intuitive

Andrew Kalinen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2024

How can I change charts in Jira Dashboard to have priority colored in a different way?  Having "highest" as blue makes no sense.

Is there an administrator page that allows this change?

https://imgur.com/a/Li0A4EU

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Polina-NaraSyst-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2024

Hello @Andrew Kalinen and welcome to the community!

From the image you shared, I assume you are using the Performance Objectives app for Jira, specifically the Performance Objectives gadget. If so, you can change the colors of each chart item directly from the chart itself. Click on the colored dot next to each Priority in the legend.

Please note that these colors appear on your chart because your admin has created a custom color palette, and the first six colors in it are automatically applied to the six priority levels stacked on the chart. You can customize the entire palette from the app settings if you are at the admin level.

Kind regards,

Polina

I am associated with the company that developed the Performance Objectives app.

Andrew Kalinen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2024

Perfect thank you!  This is the answer.

Like Polina-NaraSyst- likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2024

Hi @Andrew Kalinen , most unfortunately you cannot configure the colors natively. There are addon apps that provide the ability if that is an option for you.

Andrew Kalinen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 26, 2024

Hi Jack, see above.  There is a way to do it actually.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2024

was not aware you were using an addon app. my response was native Jira. 

Suggest an answer