Jira attachment

Kevalkumar kaneria May 4, 2021

we are trying migrate external project into our jira instance. The external project issue has been imported to our instance. Also, I have uploaded attachment to Jira-home/data/attachment/. 

while we are trying to import attachment to existing issues. we are not able to import attachment.

Please let me know howmany ways we can import attachment to jira issues.

Please Note: Attachment is not from same jira instances. 

2 answers

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2021

Hi Kevalkumar,
Can you explain the method used to import the external project? I'm guessing that you will have to import the project again, but with a different import configuration or method that includes the attachments. Cheers!

Kevalkumar kaneria May 10, 2021

we have imported issue using CSV file in to our jira instance.

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2021

Hi Kevalkumar,

Associating attachments via CSV import is difficult, but possible. It is better to use Jira's native Project Import functionality if moving from one Jira into your current instance.

If migrating from non-Jira system, pay close attention to the attachment section of https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/importing-data-from-csv-938847533.html and perform any necessary testing in a dev environment.

I would still recommend deleting the imported project and reimporting everything due to the mismatch in issue data and attachments being imported/loaded correctly. Cheers!

0 votes
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

Hi @Kevalkumar kaneria How you have migrated/import the external project to your Jira instance? using any external plugin or from the Jira import functionality?

Kevalkumar kaneria May 5, 2021

we did not use any plugin. we have export issues from there instance to import into our instance using CSV.

Suggest an answer