Jira and Voting

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2012

· I am wondering if this is possible. I think it should be but just wondering.

ThIs there an ability for everyone to vote on a user story. however… the person that entered the item should also be able to vote on the item. Also, can voting be on a 5 star scale? The idea here is that items are prioritized, voting members of the PDLC should be able to vote in their own time. In theory, the items with the highest priority and highest star rating get done first. Make sense?

· Can we setup some type of survey in Jira per user story? We want to have 3-5 questions answered by voting members of the PDLC. These questions would simply be rating questions on a scale of 1-5 that will be used to determine how well we are doing.

5 answers

1 vote
Klemen Urankar March 8, 2019

Hi, I found this questions, from long ago - 2012. I have the same problem, so I'm asking you if you have resolved that problem and how. Thank you, for your answer.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2012

There are a few surveying plugins for confluence from the simple and cheap to complex and commercial. You could create a confluence page per issue and have users vote using confluence. Jira's voting is too simplistic for what you are after.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2012

There's quite a few improvements to voting requested on Atlassian's Jira, I suspect some of them would get you what you need. But there's nothing built in that would do that. You'll need to find/write a plugin to do it in Jira

0 votes
lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2012

Hi Eva, I am not sure what an issue is in your case but in software development shops that use scrum processes, the issue types are epics, stories, bugs, tasks. THey could all be considered issues. We want to be able to vote on all of these and would prefer a scale of 1-5 for instance. Also it would be nice if a quick survey could be presented for each "issue" that asked a few questions to gauge importance, etc.

There is the confluence survey plugin that has enhanced voting but that would require all "issues" to be put into confluence as well.

0 votes
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2012

Perhaps I am not reading this right - but why would you be voting on a story and not an issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events