Jira Test Instance

Enrique Esqueda May 7, 2021

Hey all,

I am trying to create a test environment for our Jira system, I followed some post I saw here  but when I try and copy the jira-data folder I get errors, "file path to long for destination folder"

Does any one know a way around this or how did you guys work this out?

Thank you for the help

1 answer

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2021

Hi Enrique,

First, you can skip the data directory and successfully start Jira. Granted, you will need to move the database successfully.

Second, you only need the attachment, logo, and avatar directories in <Jira_home>/data/. Everything else can/will be rebuilt or produced by the app. Navigate to <Jira_home>/data/, control click the three folders and select Send to > Compressed blah blah (not a windows user and going from memory). Copy/paste, click-n-drag, teleport, or otherwise move that zip to the <Jira_home>/data/ directory on the test system and uncompressed.

Make sure to follow safety protocols so that my loose recommendation doesn't bake your bread the wrong way. Oh, and I'm guessing you're on windows... let me know if that is incorrect. Cheers!

Enrique Esqueda May 11, 2021

Hi Joshua,

Yes, you are correct, I am on Windows. I will give this a go

I will update after I try it. Thanks 

-Enrique

Like Joshua Sneed Contegix likes this

Suggest an answer