Jira Team Names Missing

Mona_Jain January 16, 2020

Hi, 

In our backend jira tables, we don't see the Team name getting added. I believe Team name is one of the custom field and the data is missing for good number of Jira Issues with in the backend tables. 

I checked in issues table as well as issue_team_history table, I data doesn't seems to be available. There is no specific pattern for the missing team names.

We use Fivetran to load the tables.  Appreciate your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2020

Hi Mona,

If I understand the situation here, you're using Jira Cloud and you are looking to better understand how the Team field is being stored in the database on the backend.  However Jira Cloud has never offered administrators the ability to directly manipulate the SQL database on the backend.  So I presume that you are either using a Jira Server version, or have created an XML backup of a Cloud site and then perhaps imported that to a Server instance of Jira instead.

If that's right, then perhaps I can help here.  The Team field is most likely being created by Atlassian's own Portfolio for Jira add-on.  In which case, sometimes plugins don't store custom field related data in the normal custom field tables. Many times plugins in Jira will create an AO table (Active Objects) in the SQL database to store that data.  At least in the case of Jira Server, that AO table is named "AO_82B313_TEAM".

If you're using postgresql to lookup such database tables, you can do so with a query such as:

SELECT "AVATAR_URL", "ID", "SHAREABLE", "TITLE"
FROM "AO_82B313_TEAM";

Please note that the table names and columns for AO tables always need to be in double quotes to be queried here.  You can find that the "TITLE" column of that table will contain the names of each Team in the system. 

I hope this helps.  If not, please let me know more about the specifics of your environment and I will try to investigate further to see how we can help out.

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer