Jira Server to Server migration

Andrew Fisher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 28, 2021

Hi,

we have a number of Jira server instances within the company that i work for. we are looking to consolidate these into one Jira server instance.

We must remain on Jira server for now.

Are there any tools that are available from either atlassian themselves or in the community that people have used to perform this kind of migration previously?

Any suggestions are appreciated 

3 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Here is a useful read from Devinti How-to-merge-Atlassian-software-instances-a-customer-case although not precisely your use case it has some good points that apply.

here is an earlier post that discusses your use case - Merge-two-Jira-server-instances 

finally, you might wish to consider an Atlassian partner to guide you thru this if your situation is remotely complex. They could even add some future-proof consideration here for an eventual migration to the cloud.

Andrew Fisher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 28, 2021

Thank you for your reply jack. i will take a look at the information you provided. Much appreciated 

1 vote
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Hi,

There have been many topics about merging several Jira instances into one.

Atlassian also did the documentation - Merging Jira instances . Unfortunately, this is not an easy and fast action. You will probably need to use third party applications such as Project Configurator for Jira  or Configuration Manager for Jira. Also need to pay attention to different / same username in each Jira instance.

Pavel

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

There are several tools on the marketplace that can help you migrate and merge projects across different Jira instances.  (The "native" route is to manually configure the target project, take a full backup of the source, and then import the project from that)

I will have to recommend "Project Configurator" for this, as I work for Adaptavist, but there are others in the marketplace.  Before we joined forces with the PC team, I had a lot of success with it and Botron's configuration manager for example, and there are others in the marketplace I have not tried recently.

Suggest an answer